By now you should have switched to online or mobile banking. Smartphones and mobile applications have changed our lifestyle that we carry out most activities online at our convenience. An increasing emphasis on digital has led banks to offer most of their banking services online. You can open a Savings Account from anywhere today.
With advanced digital tools like a mobile banking app, banks could provide an enhanced user experience and service to customers. Unlike the Savings Account that you can open at the bank’s branch, a digital Savings Bank Account offers more features than you generally expect and get. Anyone, other than millennials, can use a net banking app to open a bank account, transfer funds, make payments, and manage finances.
A digital bank account helps you to easily manage your account through a mobile banking app anytime, anywhere. Like many leading banks, IDFC FIRST Bank enables you to open a Savings Account online immediately without visiting the bank. The know-your-customer (KYC) process makes it easy for the bank to conduct digital verification and ensure that the applicant meets all the eligibility requirements.
The user-friendly features, high security, and clear design make the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app easy to use for anyone. You are not required to be digitally savvy to open an online bank account. All you need to do is to follow the process explained below.
Steps to open an online Savings Account
You can open a suitable Savings Account on the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile app by going through a paperless process. You need to:
- First, download the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app on your smartphone
- Keep your PAN Card and Aadhaar Card or Voter’s ID ready before filling out the application form
- Type in your mobile number, email address, PAN Card number, and Aadhaar Card number and submit them to receive an OTP
- Furnish your personal details like your full name, date of birth, age, contact address, employment details, and other relevant information after the verification.
- To support the details given by submitting the scanned copies of PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, or Voter’s ID Card, and your signature
- Verify the details by providing the OTP received
- Transfer funds to your new Savings Account through net banking
- Complete the electronic KYC verification via a video call initiated by an executive from a bank
Congratulations! Your online Savings Bank Account is ready for activation. You can enjoy unlimited benefits on your new account.
Some benefits of opening an online bank account
The digital bank account from IDFC FIRST Bank is more than an account meant for carrying out basic financial transactions. It offers you rewards for offers and transaction benefits if you meet the eligibility requirement within 30 days of opening the account. Also, you get a Visa Signature Debit Card or Visa Classic Debit Card with up to Rs 3000 worth vouchers on:
- Account activation
- First bill payment on the app
- Fund transfer
- Starting an FD account
- First UPI payment
- First debit card transaction
Further, it is safe to use the app as it offers multi-factor authentication to sign in. Other than this, it also gives you the option to use biometrics for advanced security. All these make it easy to use the app anytime to check the account balance, set up recurring payments, pay bills, transfer funds, and manage your finances.
What more do you want? You can download the IDFC FIRST Bank’s net banking app and open an instant digital Savings Account to enjoy loads of benefits.